Monday 26 September 2016

Not Enough Candles

Birthday Wishes continue - the midwife in me knows how busy September can be! One can never have enough candles each one is a milestone and should be celebrated.
Hubby continues to encourage me to use my retired goodies - you know those ones you you fell in love with that you had to have but have never been featured because you are saving them for good! Well life is short and every day, birthday or celebration is a reason to bring out the favourites. 
The good china shouldn't be saved so pull it out pop some cake on those plates and enjoy all that is good in your life.




This card was for mums friend Dave and he was a very appreciative recipient which is always good for me as well. I do like it when people like what I make for them.

This one below was for my Father in Law, he is also very good for my ego as he gushes over all the cards I make even those that are not for him. 



So that was where it all started and now they are in all different colours - my girls love to give their friends handmade cards. As normal adolescents they leave things to the last minute (I have no idea where they got that trait from ☺️) so I need to have a fun stash of cards ready to go for them. 



FYI - I have stamped all the candles using the Build a Birthday stamp set  138646 with the fattest candle stamped on a scrap of Whisper white then trimmed and popped up on some dimensionals making it easier to tie the Bermuda Bay bakers twine 138413 around it.- note to all stamp the flame first before you pop up the candle - trust me its heaps easier that way.






No comments:

Post a Comment