Thursday 21 March 2019

Mixed Media Scrapbook Page - Scrapbooking Global March Blog Hop



Welcome to this months hop with the Scrapbooking Global - Stampin' Up! You are welcome to join us each month, you could even share your layouts. If your not a member already please feel free to join us on our Facebook Group HERE. This months theme is 'Mixed Media' and I will let you in on a little secret it was a challenge for me to get my head around it. Why you say well I am thinking most pages I do are mixed media - a little bit of paper, a little ink, paint, maybe some embossing and definitely some fibre, so I was really over thinking where to start!


This was a beautiful page with some amazing memories that go with it. Some of you know I lost my brother unexpectedly in September last year. It's a difficult journey we are all still traveling on. In 2008 my brother married the love of his life Ferty, and my little Miss Maeve who was just shy of 6 at the time was a flower girl at both of their weddings. This photo is from our Australian 'surprise' backyard wedding that they sprung on us at our Christmas do that year. I am slowly putting pages together not only for my children but for his - Scrapbooking allows us to share our memories and our stories. Today this is mine.


Taken on a beautiful summers Day December 21st 2008, Maeve was so chuffed to be the flower girl for her God Fathers wedding. The wedding party snuck out across the street to get ready with only my husband I being aware of what was happening. 

  

The leaves that frame the main photo are all die-cut from coloured vellum. The Sponge Brayers (141714) allowed me to give the velum a light tinge in Soft Sea Foam, Old Olive and Tranquil Tide. The die-cuts were made after colouring the vellum then stacked to add some visual interest. I have a lot of framelits and dies (to many if you ask Tony but hey what would he know?) so I pulled from numerous sets for my 'foliage'.
I have added Wink of Stella to some of the pieces to give them a little 'lift'. The title is the only thing not Stampin' Up! The DSP piece was initially embossed, then splattered with ink in Tranquil Tide. I have added the small frosted flower embellishments for something a little extra.
Thank you for hopping in today please leave a comment below to say Hi then hit the 'NEXT' button to go globe trotting over to see what Heike has to share.





Some of the goodies I used on this page. 

Courtenay

Do you live in Australia and would you like to become a Demonstrator, earn discounts, great rewards and get to craft with Stampin' Up! products before their release? If so click here to join my team - for more information.

9 comments:

  1. Very nice, especiallY with the story behind it. So sorry for the loss of your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Courtenay, my heart goes out to for being so brave to tackle such a tender topic and at the same time I hope it helps with the healing. A beautiful page with beautiful memories I'm sure. Gorgeous girl too.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet page of a lovely memory. and what a darling photo, made all the more beautiful with your embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! All those softly colored die cuts are lovely with the photos. Your kids will cherish the pages you are creating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely layout, Courtenay. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw this is just darling Courtenay! Love all of your elements.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo pretty Coutenay <3 Love all the details...Scrapbooking allows us to re live moments that pass in the blink of an eye...Thinking of you all <3

    ReplyDelete