Friday 30 March 2018

Stampin' Up Heartfelt Blooms, Black Ice Technique Courtenay Style.

Have you seen the Black Ice technique yet - I have fallen in love with it after one go!
The technique uses foil paper and your archival ink for starters. I trashed a Versamark pad (to impatient to heat dry the Archival ink properly) in the process but wow I love how it turned out.


I was super impressed with how this beautiful card turned out and even more so how this particular stamp well stamps! The inside of the card and the envelope have been gold embossed making it a very plush looking card - best bit is the definition and the photographic finish has not been lost with the embossing.

  

I will admit it was not all perfect and wonderful when my aunt and I attempted our first card - she was really heavy handed with the ink but this technique needs a feather touch.
So what does one do when presented with this? Well I remembered reading on a post just rub the excess off with a baby wipe if you put to much on - but before it dries! I gave it a shot - this piece needed to be tossed but I learnt that where the ink was wet not only did the black come off but so did the gold leaving a pretty silver, copper, gold and black piece to play with.


   

 
 
 
 
 


 

Can you see what I mean about the amazing colours? My aunt and I were pretty chuffed and every piece we played with turned out differently.
 
So here is a video of what I did and how it works - sorry about my pups noise in the background I asked my kids to keep them quiet. They did for about a minute.
 

Do you have this stamp set - once the 31st March has been and gone so will this set - I have everything crossed we get something similar in the new catalogue but in the mean time I hope you have this one to play with.



 Want to try this out? These are the goodies you will need.
Courtenay
Do you live in Australia and would you like to become a Demonstrator, earn discounts, great rewards and get to craft with Stampin' Up! products before their release? If so click here to join my team - more information here. 

Click the picture to see what's carrying over from the Holiday Catalogue in Australia?
 Want to see whats Carrying over in Australia?

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I really love your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!I thank you for your AWESOME video tutorial...I am going to give this a go tomorrow. Beengoing to try it for a while now. Thanks for sharing <3
    Cheers Shaz

    ReplyDelete