Wednesday 29 March 2017

CASE (kas) v. Copy And Share Everything

In the world of papercrafting there is no shame in copying - in fact its encouraged by Stampin' Up! You can copy a project exactly or you can change it up to suit your needs. But its advised and good etiquette to give credit where credit is due - hence you will frequently find me refereeing back to other papercrafters.
 
So CASEing - well I love it and sometimes you can see the inspiration in my final card - here is tonight's playing outcome. 



I have a friend that I craft with frequently that always says 'I can play the song but I don't write the music' and that is exactly how I feel about CASEing plus its a great take on the meaning behind it. Hey how many versions of Michael Jacksons Beat It do you know?
 

The original Dapper Denim card is from our Demonstrator magazine that arrives in the mail box each quarter. So many great tips in there and so many extra great ideas.
So what did I do differently? I didn't have Big On Birthday's so I swapped it out for Window Shopping (first time its seen ink) and I think it worked. I then pulled out the Sweet Treats Washi and coordinating DSP for my balloons, the bakers twine to make it fine enough has been stripped down to one of the 4 strands to make the string. MAKE A WISH is embossed in Silver.
Computer screens change colours so to tell you that cardstock is Pear Pizzaz might help.

Here is your shopping list -as I am happy for anyone to CASE my version as well. Keep in mind I actually used scraps of DSP so just use what you have but that paper is just delicious and there is a reason I have scraps of it - I love to use it.
Courtenay
Do you live in Australia and would you like to become a Demonstrator, earn discounts, great rewards and get to craft with Stampin' Up! products before their release? If so click here to join my team - more information here.

No comments:

Post a Comment