Sunday 15 February 2015

Fine Feathers or gum leaves.

I prepared these cards for my Stamp A Stack classes this month.
I had not purchased the feathers set, was not convinced I really liked it so I waited, now it's a returning favourite in the current occasions catalogue (download a copy from here) and I had some hostess rewards $ to spend so I bit the bullet and added it to the cart.
Pinterest is alive with a lot of inspiring samples and I fell in love with the emboss resist one I saw from the lovely LeeAnn over at Flowerbug's Inkspot (North Dakota), she even did a video.

So I did what I normally do and tweaked what I loved about the cards I had seen.







Using white emboss your feathers into a 2" strip of WW the width of your card. Using a sponge, sponge over the area to add colour. 
I used - strawberry slush and Crisp Cantelope on a Strawberry Slush base, 
Tangerine Tango with Wild Wasabi (looks like gum leaves) and the other one is Coastal Cabana with Wild Wasabi - Sorry in advance for adding to your wish list. 
Score lines to accentuate the decorative piece using the Simply Scored, you could use your score tool on the trimmer I just really like the lines from the Simply Scored as they are thicker. 
I embossed feathers onto the coloured base cut them out of there for the accent feathers if you stay away from the edge you wouldn't know it. LeeAnn masked the WW off with post notes so her top was one piece - I didn't have post notes big enough hence the 2"strip. 

I'm thinking gum nuts and gum leaves might be a tweak with this lot. 

Below is a list of what you need aside of card and ink because that part will work with what you already have. Oh and I have popped the Big Shot on there but if you don't have one its not to hard to fussy cut these feathers.

Happy stamping. 




Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment