Friday 30 December 2016

Remebering Nutcote

It was a stinkin' hot 37 degrees here today on the beautiful Central Coast of Australia. I would say in my book it was even to hot to hit the beach so it was a stay at home and scrap kind of day with the AC on full ball.
 
I am so far behind on my memory keeping albums so today rather than start something new I finished some pages I started a while back. I don't Project Life traditionally, I don't do the week to week thing but what I do do is use Project Life to record special events or outings with my family.
 
March 2015 (I know almost 2 years ago) we visited Nutcote - the home of May Gibbs. Its found in beautiful Neutral Bay and now owned by North Sydney Council. It's purpose is to cherish May Gibbs’ home, garden and life by offering memorable experiences and rewarding learning opportunities.
 


 
Why did we visit Nutcote? Well 2 of my children Eilish and Tara were in a stage production of Snugglepot & Cuddlepie. The Director thought it would be a great team building exercise (insert learning experience here) for the kids and a great family day out for everyone. They were not wrong.
 
I saw the show twice as any good Mummy does - once to snap photos and the other to sit and enjoy. One of my friends was behind the scenes so she snagged me some great photos from backstage as well. Project Life scrapbooking made this so easy to do as I had so many photos and of course wanted to include as many as possible.


The girls had their main characters - Eilish was Lanky Legs (rather appropriate as she was one of the tallest and oldest kids in the cast) a Bull Frog! She also played a blossom - I loved the little knitted hats with fluff about the edges just like a real gum nut blossom has.
Miss Tara was a Blue Cap Wren - she was chuffed she got to wear a Tutu and I made her a black and brown feather cover with wings - she looked pretty impressive if I do say so myself.
 


Do you know the story of Snugglepot & Cuddlepie? Part of the story involves an underwater scene with Fish Folk - the play has a Ball so all the cast dressed as fish in their sparkly fine clothing, Eilish a Whiting and Tara a Rainbow fish (glad I had that sparkly rainbow dress already so bonus for me).
I pulled out a favourite retired stamp set of mine to add a little fun to this page - Fishy Friends (2003) its a bit hard to see in the photo but the Wink of Stella was a true asset!
 


 So what goodies did I use on my pages today to compliment my photos?

No comments:

Post a Comment