Sometimes inspiration comes from the most unexpected places — and this card started with something I see all the time… my favourite table placemats!
I love their bold floral pattern and the way the colours work together, and one day I found myself looking at them thinking, “I reckon I could turn that into a card!” And of course, once that crafty thought pops into your head, you have to give it a go!
For this card, I wanted to have a play with the Party Alphabet Dies and, in particular, show that you really can use those big, bold letters on a card without them completely taking over the design.
The large letters become the star of the card, while the rest of the elements help to frame them and bring everything together. I used the A Family Celebration stamp set for the stamped details and added the 3D Sunflower Embossing Folder to the background for some lovely texture.
I especially love how the embossing adds that extra bit of interest without competing with the big letters. It’s a simple way to add another layer to your card and make the background feel a little more special.
And I think that’s one of the things I love most about crafting — you can find inspiration absolutely anywhere. A pretty set of table placemats can suddenly become the starting point for a handmade card!
So next time you’re sitting around your home, have a look at the things you love. You never know… your next card idea might be sitting right in front of you! 💕
You can watch the original video here:




No comments:
Post a Comment