Monday 13 May 2019

Stampin' Up! Butterfly Gala Mothers Day Card



In Australia May is the month for Mother's Day. Each year I make a stack of cards for the ladies in my local hospitals Maternity ward. For some of them its their first Mother's Day others not so but the cards are always well received. This year I wasn't working but my colleagues have told me the ladies loved them.


This years colour palette came from the DSP stack I have been using for some other projects - The Gingham Gala DSP with its Balmy Blue, Grapefruit Grove, Highland Heather, Lemon Lime Twist and Daffodil Delight colours.


First things first I stamped, inked and punched all the butterflies I thought I would need for 40 cards - yes I underestimated the little ones since my original thoughts changed along the way. They looked amazing on mass in my container.

 

The large butterfly has mini dimensionals under each wing - I curled the wings a little with my bone folder before sticking them down for a little extra shape.

 

After all those butterflies I decided to do a few more for my Mother In Laws card. These are just stuck on with a mini glue dot.
The lines were made using the Simply Score tool just for a little extra feature - just quietly I was missing my fibre element and figured this was good compensation for that.

 

I hope that you all had a lovely Mother's Day. Below is a list of the goodies I used to make these cards - some elements are retiring with this catalogue but those butterflies are staying so tweaking will be easy.





Just a note - purchase the Butterfly Gala Bundle before the 3rd June 2019 for 10% off. 

Courtenay

Do you live in Australia and would you like to become a Demonstrator, earn discounts, great rewards and get to craft with Stampin' Up! products before their release? If so click here to join my team - for more information.


No comments:

Post a Comment