Wednesday 1 August 2018

Make it Metallic Global Scrapbooking Stampin' Up! Monthly Challenge



Welcome to our second  design challenge of the Scrapbooking Global – Stampin’ Up! Facebook group! Where there is a new challenge every 1st of the month. Each month one of the Creative Design Team members will choose the challenge theme and August is my turn.
I’ve chosen to do a technique challenge I have called 'Make it Metallic'. I never realised how much I would also be challenging myself with this layout.


So lets look closer at what I have don't to achieve this grungy, shiny page.

  

First things first - yes I added texture - it looks amazing and can really change a page, you can see Danielle's challenge from last month HERE - she has some great information about adding texture to our pages.
I used the embossing paste with some Memento re-inker added to get the black paste - now before the chunkier parts were dry I stamped Timeless Textures with Versamark randomly around. You will see in the photos some of the stamping was lighter where I stamped off. I then covered it all in copper embossing powder - some powder stuck to the paste that wasn't dry which I loved.


Layering tip - I cut my DSP 1/2 an inch off both sides so I could add a boarder - to get them straight when joining I use Tear and Tape, long pieces along each of the 4 sides peal a little at 2 corners and line those up to make sure I'm straight then pull my tagggy bits to secure the rest. I planned to stitch and my machine needle does not like adhesive so I allowed room for that also.

 


Then off to the machine - paper is not friendly to needles it blunts them so I have a paper needle as well as my plethora of fabric needles - I used embroidery thread and although thin it is a little shiny. Since I sew clothing etc. I always find it difficult not to sew straight.

  

I try and Journal on each of my pages but I was very nervous about messing up my DSP so hidden journaling was my choice for this page.

   

Tara loves Harry Potter, only wanted Harry Potter gifts so this page seems to work event with that. I used a personal cutter to cut the title - I had to and I will upload the PDF of the Thirteen HERE for you if you would like it to download.
The Title was cut from Black cardstock - a single layer - then I Embossed it in Copper, Gold and Silver. I always emboss using a big piece of chipboard and a clip so I don't burn my fingers.

   

I know there is sewing under there but I also pulled out the copper 1/4' trim, gold thread and the new metallic brads just to add a little feature bit below this photo. You will also notice that one photo is matted but not the other 2, the mat has been edged with gold embossing powder as well. Insider Demo Tip - I will be adding one more element to this page once the Holiday catalogue goes live - there is the best Owl framelit in there that needs to hang out on this page!


So here is my page again - its very Metallic, super shiny and suits this kid down to the ground!


Would you like to join our design challenge -

Then join our Facebook group, if you haven’t already, and get your scrap on.
We also have a monthly blog hop you can participate in when you’re a group member, so check out our group for the design challenge and our blog hop. We would love to welcome you there.

 What I used on this page.
Courtenay
Do you live in Australia and would you like to become a Demonstrator, earn discounts, great rewards and get to craft with Stampin' Up! products before their release? If so click here to join my team - more information here. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! I Love this layout all of the metallics you have used <3 Great design too Courtenay <3
    Cheers Shaz

    ReplyDelete