Tuesday 18 March 2014

School photo scrapping challenge!

We all love (insert sarcasm here) school photos! Usually the uniforms are colours we love to hate and after so many years if it was once our favourite colour - well that changes.
I have 3 daughters so that's 3 layouts a year (or would be if I was up-to date) and in my case that's lots of green and yellow.
Primary school we have a choice of uniforms - green, white and red check dress (super special that one) or bright yellow / gold colour top with green trim and a green skirt that you never see in the photo. Moving onto high school - goodie some variety - nope not here high school top (since you don't see the skirt) is a lovely pale lemon colour - well it was before I washed it!
So my challenge begins - I have last years photos and a bucket load of sketches, 5 great scrapping buddies and a whole weekend. Not a bad combination this should work in my favour? here's what I came up with sorry about the funny angle -
I only got one school layout done :( I just couldn't face the primary school ones again.
 
Products I used.
A full piece of Early Expresso Cardstock 12x12 - note to self this is a great colour and goes with everything so must get more.
Soho Subway DSP 130140 I cut the letter piece down by 1/2 inch on 2 sides to give me a 1/4 inch boarder all the way around
Stampin' Up doesn't have a star punch currently (fingers crossed for some framelits with the next catty) so those little beauty's are fussy cut then tied with the bakers twine. the top star has a button from the Naturals Designer Buttons set.
The Year 7 title tiles are made using the large oval punch 119855, cut down to give the shape, each are tied together with bakers twine. Oh to make the tiles a little stiffer I punched 2 pieces of cardstock to pop underneath the DSP. The letters were printed in reverse onto the cardstock then fussy cut.
The 2012 is made using the Typeset Alphabet Bigz 127553
Chevron ribbon, Burlap trim and chevron timber embellishments can be found in the current Occasions Catalogue - love it.
The best bit is I have heaps left over for some blokey type cards and other full pieces for the year 8 photo! Cant wait.
 
A quick note - remember Sale-a-Bration finishes at the end of this month. If you would like to take advantage of the great freebies on offer don't leave it to the last minute. If you have been thinking about joining Stampin' Up remember you can now get $255 worth of products for $169. But wait there's more - you will also save 20% discount on your products!
Pop on over to my shop to purchase your goodies or email me if you would like to join my team bagsthatone@hotmail.com
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment