Saturday 8 December 2018

Stampin' Up! Signs of Santa - Global Stamping Friends Seasonal Fun Blog Hop




Welcome to my post of Seasonal Fun for the group Global Stamping Friends. Have you just hopped over from Rachel's Blog - how great were her projects!

I would love to share the Santa's Workshop Suite with you - I am a little sad that its not carrying over I will admit as it is a fun suite.



So this is a step fold card as my Stamp Club friends had asked me to do something 'different' but still a card. The inside also got decorated as did the envelope. This card has been made to fit into a standard Australian C6 envelope.


So here's some of the tricks we did with this card.
Using the Stamparatus they stamped all the images at once onto a 13cm square piece of whisper white cardstock.  Notice how I spaced them out so that I could cut them all at once as well. We use Stampin' Blends to colour our festive folk - everyone had the choice to colour first then cut later or cut first colour later. 





It made it a super fun quick and easy project once we made our steps. Can I suggest you practice first or create a template or example first.

Cut A4 card in half to give you a piece 14.9cm x 21cm fold in half at the 10.5 cm point. Using the trimmer measure across 8 cm then using the ruler on the clear trimmer arm (where the blade slides) starting at 5.5cm cut down to 18.5 cm, score as per the photo below. Crease the score lines in alternate directions to give the step look.
If you would like to add pieces of another colour to the front and inside these measure 
7.5cm x 10cm, (cut 2 one for the front one for the inside.)
6.5cm x 2.0cm,
6.6 x 2.5cm
6.5 x 4.5cm


So on that note I bid Signs of Santa a fond farewell as I secretly stash it away in the 'do not sell second hand draw' because this is one I have to keep.
Pleas hop on over and see what Kimberly has to share.

Hop list




Product List


Courtenay
Do you live in Australia and would you like to become a Demonstrator, earn discounts, great rewards and get to craft with Stampin' Up! products before their release? If so click here to join my team - more 


7 comments:

  1. Wow! This is awesome. I would love to case this. Thanks for th excellent tips too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it they are fun and now i have found people love getting them so yep CASE away.

      Delete
  2. OMG!!! Love it...I must try this card technique. Never done one of these!!
    Cheers Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing cards and so perfect for our Seasonal Fun theme. Thanks so much for the stepper card template - I'll be making one for sure. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute, cute cards!! Love them both and will definitely be casing the card style using other stamps, since I hadn't bought that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are simply adorable. Love this suite so much and I'm so sad they are retiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was so wonderful to meet you in Orlando. :)

    ReplyDelete