Tuesday 25 October 2016

Joseph's Coat Technique


Whilst searching about the net I stumbled across Tami's blog (you know it really surprises me still how many new places I can visit and think wow why haven't I seen you before). So I did what everyone does these days and headed to Pinterest to find more. Patsy Collins had posted some photos to guide me in my project and I found them super helpful so I took photos as I went also.

So I borrowed a friends set of Stampin' Up! Vintage Leaves because I had to try this and it would suit my mum so much - it was her birthday this month.
This is Whisper White rubbed with Garden Green, Crushed Curry and Pumpkin Pie then you can just see the embossing powder on there - just before I heated it.
 

Now the embossing powder has been heated you can see the images heaps better.
Don't you just love our sponge rollers? I do and have been showing them at every workshop I do because I love them so much.
 

So I sponged and I sponged with my Early Expresso till I was happy with the colour depth. I wanted it dark really dark.
 
 
Then came the choices to support this piece - Crushed Curry won - I do love this colour - that's why I have 4 reinkers???

 
Now seriously how good does that copper foil look?

 
Lets just say mum loved her birthday card - it wasn't a fast one to make but the end product was pretty impressive if I do say so myself.

Courtenay

 
 









No comments:

Post a Comment