Sunday 27 July 2014

The Great Outdoors Male Birthday

Male birthday cards sometimes make us shudder - well they do me. I'll admit it not really a fan!
With 3 cards needed this week I had to face my fears and create away.
Out came a stamp set I hadn't used before - thought yep it's "blokey" enough for me but what to do with it? So as usual I hit Pinterest (if in doubt about a set purchase I do that first but hadn't this time). Well the inspiration was there but only so much of it and I was still stumped.
I stamped the images cut them out and played like a puzzle to see what would happen and get some ideas. 
Here are the results. 

The new Blendabilities worked a treat for this set and I think they turned out tops.


The "blue" is Night of Navy and the blender pen it worked but the result wasn't anywhere as nice as the Blendabilities.
To get the tent behind the chair - stamp the chair then using a post it note trimmed to the shape of the chair cover the part of it the tent is going behind. Remove the post it note and ta-dah the tent is at the back.
Sassy salutations is my go to set for greetings at the moment and I believe to be great value for money. 


You will need
The Great Outdoors stamp set
Sassy Salutations stamps
Blendabilities in the colours of your choice 
Momento in pad
Very vanilla card stock
Soft Suede card stock and ink for sponging the edge

No comments:

Post a Comment